Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Who I miss the most

This was the first blog idea I saw posted on @nablopomo's Twitter page that seemed doable to me, so here we go!

I never have a straight answer for anything, and even with something as simple as this, I still don't. There are actually two people that I'm missing quite a bit right now and the reason for missing them is the same. While Alexey has become quite the sports fan (thanks to you know who), he still doesn't quite stack up.

My dad and I used to watch games together all the time. He was my yelling buddy....I definitely got that from him. We also had fun commenting on the games and seeing who came the closest to saying what the announcer was going to say before he said it. Obviously, he was the one who taught me everything I know about sports, so now that I've really gotten back into watching them, I miss watching them with him.

The other person is my old friend Chris. When we'd watch games together we'd almost always be rooting for opposite teams, so there was a lot of bickering involved. He's pretty much the only close friend I've had over the years who was more into sports than I was. Now that we don't keep in close contact, I'm missing having a friend who loves sports just as much as I do. But he's a- excuse my French- Kentucky fan, so you can bet he'll be hearing plenty of crap from me this basketball season.

Speaking of which- did you see the 'Hawks last night? We looked pretty damn good! Much better than I thought we would after losing so many leaders. I'm pretty stinkin' excited for this season! Rock Chalk!

No comments: