Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rearranging movie files

I spent most of my day today rearranging movie files on my computer. This was quite a massive task. I started with probably about 15 different folders named "Video" in various subfolders. Together they contained near 1000 movies. I found out that I had quite a few duplicates, so I was able to trash those & gain some more space on my computer.

As annoying and tedious as it was, it was just as fun, & I really enjoyed seeing some videos I had forgotten existed!

One thing I'll say is that I really wish I took more videos of me & Alexey in the first few years of our relationship. I've got a few, but they are so precious to me & there just aren't enough! I also realized that I didn't take enough video of my animals when they were little. I guess this is good to realize now- just in case we do have babies some day. Maybe then I'll remember how much I regret not having filmed more of their life.

A lot of people have told me I take too many pictures/videos & that I need to just enjoy it. The problem is that I really love memories, but I have a horrible memory. When I see pictures or videos, it triggers the memory in my head & I remember everything about that moment. Without them, I can recall that something like it happened, but I don't have any details. And even though I'm snapping pictures or filming, I still enjoy the moment as it's happening. If I wasn't, the pictures or videos wouldn't matter because I wouldn't enjoy them in the future anyway.

So my goal from here on out is to film Alexey & myself more often & actually TALK in the videos about things that are going on in our lives. Of the few videos there are, we have so many questions about them- like when they were filmed, how old we were, etc, so we're going to leave ourselves some more clues. I'm also not going to take quite so many pictures. I opened up that folder & promptly exited back out because it scared me. Even though I've "organized" it a few times, it's still a complete wreck just because of the sheer amount of photos I have.

Reminiscing today was great & I can't wait until a few years from now when I have even more videos to look back at, smile & remember :)

No comments: