I had an epically (Really, Firefox? That's a word?) shitty day yesterday, & wasn't banking on today going much better, but as I was driving to class I heard some inspirational on the radio.
Have you heard about the Patriot Guard?
It's a group of people across the nation that go to funerals of people who have died in war, as well as funerals for firemen & policemen. Today some protesters from a church I won't name because they don't deserve it in Topeka were at the funeral of a young man who died. The Patriot Guard and just normal people from the town banded together to force the protesters out of the area so the family & friends could mourn without worrying about or hearing the protesters.
I just think it's so great that people across the US have banded together to protect families from idiotic people like those protesters. If anything like this happens near Lawrence, I'm definitely going to join in if I can. Unlike some stories that I've heard about anti-protesters protesting the protesters (did you follow?), these people simply shield the protesters from the family so they couldn't even be heard. I guess the a few of the people who showed up to the funeral today got into a skirmish with some of the protesters, but mostly this group is just about keeping the family from even knowing there are protesters at their loved one's funeral.
It's refreshing to hear good news on the radio for once.
No comments:
Post a Comment