When I was little, my dad played records for us that his uncle produced through his label: Kinamrok Records. I didn't know if anyone was still running that label, so I wanted to find out. Unfortunately, the website is currently blocked by Google, so I couldn't go directly to it, but I did find a blog with a couple of the songs on it.
The person, it seemed, was buying a new record every week (or so) and posting up information about it on their blog, with a recording of the songs on it included in the post. It was pretty cool to listen to songs that I could faintly remember and know that one of my ancestors had produced it. He also got a letter from the President('s aide) when he sent him a copy of one of his records.
After finding that, I decided to do a little more digging. Kinamrok Records used to be located at 400 Luray Ave in Johnstown, VA back in the day, so I searched that on Google. Turns out someone else (with my last name) now owns Kinamrok Inc, which runs an apartment building at that same address.
After typing the address into Google Maps, I found this:
Now maybe just about anything will amuse me at this point in studying for finals, but I find that to be quite an amazing coincidence. History is so cool.

2 comments:
I am so happy we didn't have all this total access when I was in college. I would never have accomplished anything.
It is pretty neat though researching the past and finding all those coincidences.
I honestly don't know how kids growing up now are going to deal with it. Before the internet was everywhere & accessible 100% of the time (on my computer, on my phone, etc), I was incredibly productive and focused.
Now I feel like I need some Adderall to get back to that person. It's overwhelming! However, some of the things I come across while procrastinating are pretty fascinating as this post shows.
Post a Comment